Built in 1892, the L & N Depot is on the National Register of Historic Places and now houses the Pennyroyal Arts Council.
The Hopkinsville depot is a six-room, single-story frame building. During its operating years, the Hopkinsville depot was a popular layover spot for those traveling by train. It was the only Louisville & Nashville station between Evansville, Indiana and Nashville, Tennessee where it was legal to drink alcohol. Hopkinsville got the nickname "Hop town" due to train passengers asking the conductors when they would arrive at Hopkinsville, so they could "hop off and get a drink."
The Hopkinsville L & N Railroad Depot was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 1, 1975. It is now used by the Pennyroyal Arts Council.