In Hopkinsville, we are SO thankful for…
1. Keeping the tradition alive … VIRTUALLY! The 19th Annual Turkey Trot will be held virtually in 2020 and will allow runners/walkers to complete the 5K at any location, at any time! Visit HoptownRec.com by Nov. 18 to order your official race shirt.
2. Celebrating Native American Heritage Month in November! We recognize the entire month by paying tribute to the men, women and children who passed through Hopkinsville during the Trail of Tears. Did you know you can get your National Parks Passport stamped at Trail of Tears Park & Commemorative Center?
3. Raising a glass at Casey Jones Distillery and MB Roland Distillery! Take a tour and sample some spirits at these two grain-to-glass craft distilleries here in Christian County, then complete the Stateline Whiskey Tour to earn a unique gift.
4. Connecting with nature on the newly expanded Hopkinsville Rail Trail!
5. Spending some family time in the corn maze or sinking a hole-in-one at Christian Way Farm‘s mini golf course.
6. Dining at one of our fabulous local establishments. Christian County is home to over 120 restaurants! How many have you had a chance to sample?
7. Browsing at one of our beautiful local boutiques and shops to help find all of your holiday needs!
8. Saluting our brave men and women. We are proud to be home to the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell. Our thanks to all the wonderful soldiers who keep our country safe.
9. Toasting to good friends and good times, while exploring the breathtaking property at Naimoli Estate Vineyard & Winery!
10. Listening to the sound of live music coming from the Alhambra Theatre!
11. Smelling the unmistakeable scent of dark fired tobacco barns. Did you know that Christian County has more farmland acreage than any other county in the Bluegrass State?
12. Driving backroads in Christian County and soaking in the scenic routes.
13. Taking a free self-guided cell phone tour to learn more about prominent African American Historical sites and Edgar Cayce’s life in Hopkinsville.
14. Enjoying Hopkinsville’s vibrant art scene! There are so many shops where you can express your inner artist. You can even enter a design to be featured on a Downtown Hoptown Banner by submitting to the Hopkinsville Art Guild!
15. Learning the rich heritage and history told through the brand new exhibits at the Pennyroyal Area Museum.
16. Racing to the finish line at Christian County’s newest attraction – Oak Grove Racing, Gaming & Hotel!
17. Exploring the beautiful clear waters from 120 feet below the surface at Pennyroyal Scuba Blue Springs Resort.
18. Sipping a delicious flight at Hopkinsville Brewing Company, where Hoptown stays hoppy! Enjoy a pint of craft beer while checking out the new expansion.
19. Playing on approximately 112 acres of complex parks and recreations spaces! Get out and stretch your legs or check out at the free walking tracks at Tie Breaker Athletic Park or inside the Planters Bank-Jennie Stuart Health Sportsplex on cool brisk mornings!
20. Patronizing our lovely event venues that help create spectacular memories during life moments we hold most dear. Our unique event spaces provide breathtaking backdrops in making up the fabric of our community.