- This event has passed.
Farmers Market Opening Day
May 9 @ 7:00 am - 1:00 pm CDT
Join the Hopkinsville-Christian County Downtown Farmers Market on Saturday, May 9th from 7am-1pm for local, fresh produce, hand sanitizer made by local distilleries, baked goods, jams & jellies.
Here is a list of modifications that customers can expect when they visit the Farmer Market on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 7am to 1pm.
• If you do not feel well or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not come to the market – send a friend to pick up your list
• Only one member per household at the Market
• No Pets during this time
• Come prepared. Follow our Market Facebook page for updates. We will try to provide a list of available products being offered each week so you can make a list
• Customers need to wear face masks/cloths and avoid touching your face and phone
• Please do NOT bring re-useable shopping bags to the Market as we are only allowed to use new bags
• Enter the market through designated points. Our market is trying to manage traffic in a certain manner to assist with appropriate social distancing and avoid bottlenecks. There will be roped off areas so customers know where not to go and signage to help guide customers with directions and safety precautions.
• Vendor booths will be arranged differently; they will be placed to allow for the formation of single lines out from each booth (see diagram for vendor layout and location)
• Customers will see lines or spaces identified on the ground where they can form a line to wait to access the vendor they want to make purchases from
• There will also be arrows pointing away from each booth to denote a clear exit pathway
• Shop with your eyes not with your hands. Please do NOT touch any product that a vendor has displayed; allow the vendor to pick up and pack up your selections.
• Vendors will be doing their best to separate the handling of money and selection of produce. If you don’t see your vendor adhering to this, please respectfully give them a polite reminder, as these are hard times to keep up with and they are trying to minimize wait times for each customer.
• Be swift when making your purchases. If we are being honest, we all have a favorite vendor and we look forward to talking to them as much as we look forward to buying their products. But now is not the time to catch up. Please choose your products, pay the vendor and proceed to the next vendors line or exit. These are trying times for all of us, and with these added safety measures, your transactions may take longer than usual.
• Wash all produce with running water before consuming!