Office & Finance Manager
Do you LOVE Hopkinsville and Christian County? Do you enjoy sharing stories and information about all things Hoptown? Do you love accounting and consider yourself a numbers person? If you answered “YES!” to all of these, it’s time to consider joining the Visit Hopkinsville team!
We are searching for an Office & Finance Manager to work at our Visitors Center, located at 1730 E. 9th Street. Scheduled hours will include Monday-Friday 9-5, and occasional weekends when necessary.
Goal: Office & Finance Manager will be responsible for maintaining the financial records of the Hopkinsville CVB. This Manager will facilitate an active relationship with the members of the community, CVB board, and guests to the Visitors Center.
Tasks to be performed include, but are not limited to:
· Develops and maintains organizational procedures and systems, including financial tasks such as filing, billing, accounts payable, accounts receivable
· Ensures all invoices/bills are paid in a timely manner
· Manages input of annual budget for each fiscal year, planning expenses, analyzing variances and implementing corrections as necessary
· Ensures security, integrity and confidentiality of data
· Coordinates with technical/IT service providers on all products and services
· Records and transcribe meeting minutes from monthly CVB board meetings
· Updates VisitHopkinsville.com website with event listings as needed
· Manages weekly visitors guide request mailings and information catalog
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
A. Knowledge of Hopkinsville & Christian County area
B. Must be a self-starter with ability to multi-task
C. Must be proficient in QuickBooks
D. Strong interpersonal skills to interact positively with guests
E. Attention to detail to ensure tasks are completed thoroughly and correctly
Minimum Training and Experience
Bachelor’s degree and 1 to 2 years experience in accounting, bookkeeping or office management; or any combination of training and experience which provide the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Existing knowledge of the geographic layout of the County, including tourist attractions is desirable as well as knowledge of the tourist attractions of the surrounding areas. Familiarization with the available resources of the County and the surrounding region is also considered a plus.
General knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, equipment, modern accounting and bookkeeping methods, policies, procedures and practices is a necessary skill set. The ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form is mandatory.
The successful applicant must be capable of exercising independent judgment, discretion and initiative while utilizing tact and courtesy in frequent contact with business and industrial representatives, government officials and the general public.
Initiative and Enthusiasm: Maintains an enthusiastic, self-reliant and self starting approach to meet job responsibilities and accountabilities. Strives to anticipate work to be done and initiates proper and acceptable direction for the completion of work with a minimum of supervision and instruction.If this sounds like a perfect fit for you, tell us why in a cover letter, add your resume and current availability, and submit to [email protected] by Thursday, May 21, 2021.