HOPKINSVILLE-CHRISTIAN COUNTY VISITORS BUREAU
MERRY BETH TOMASZEWSKI, BOARD CHAIR
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
HOPKINSVILLE, KENTUCKY, OCTOBER 25, 2023 – Brooke Jung, the Executive Director for the Hopkinsville-Christian County Visitors Bureau, has officially announced her resignation from her 5+ year position as of November 17, 2023.
In her statement, Brooke explained she had been approached by Visit Albuquerque (NM) about a new opportunity, and after much deliberation, has decided to take the position.
While Brooke has been with Visit Hopkinsville, her accomplishments have been many. She and her team have won numerous awards, turned visionary concepts into creative art pieces, and honored the local farming heritage with the Batter Capital of the World brand, including the branding of a cast iron skillet that became the “it” Christmas gift for Hopkinsville and Christian County residents.
A few of her highlights over the last 5 years are:
- Secured over $1 million in Kentucky Department of Tourism funds for community and multi-jurisdictional projects
- Proclaimed Hopkinsville the Batter Capital of the World (including launching the Cornbread Challenge, pancake art experiences, Wheat Stalk, Pancake, and Batter Bowl public art installations & Lodge Cast Iron Skillet partnership)
- Fostered a sister city partnership with Carentan, France
- Hosted the only Scripps Spelling Bee Regional Qualifying Event in Kentucky in 2022
- Won awards for innovation and best in show at state level competitions, and the Grand Pinnacle award at the international level competition
- Created wayfinding maps for the city and county that are distributed by the thousands annually
- Increased social media engagement by over 400%
- Tourism has increased to record breaking numbers over the past two years
We are grateful to Brooke for her creative leadership and years of putting Hopkinsville and Christian County in the spotlight. While we will all miss her energy and positivity, we also know she will still be sending visitors to our fair city; even if it’s all the way from Albuquerque, New Mexico.