Cheers to 2020 in Hoptown! New and exciting adventures await you in the new year — check out our list of things do to in Hoptown in 2020!
- See how many of the 100+ restaurants in Christian County you can sample
- Watch a show at The Historic Alhambra Theatre
- Wet your whistle at Casey Jones Distillery, Hopkinsville Brewing Company, MB Roland Distillery or Naimoli Estate Winery
- Play some trivia at Davo’s Burgers & Fries or Main Street Tavern
- Strike out at Southern Lanes Bowling
- Have some fun at a festival (Hoptown Summer Salute, International Festival, Trail of Tears Intertribal Pow Wow, Hoptown Harvest Festival, Kelly Little Green Men Days)
- Take in a sporting event at the Planters Bank-Jennie Stuart Health Sportsplex Hopkinsville
- Shop til you drop at Hoptown’s many unique stores all year long
- Try your hand at an artistic endeavor at Griffin’s Studio, Brushy Fork Creek Gallery or Hopkinsville Art Guild
- Catch up on the latest literary finds at Hopkinsville-Christian County Public Library
- Achieve your best time yet as you run in the Hopkinsville Half Marathon (coming 9/19/2020!)
- Have a family ag adventure! Learn about life on the farm while feeding the animals, playing a round of mini golf, and enjoying the serenity of the country all at Christian Way Farm & Mini Golf
- Splash around and slide into summer fun at Tie Breaker Family Aquatic Center
- Experience America’s pastime with local flair, as the Hoptown Hoppers take the field!
- Reach new depths by scuba diving at Pennyroyal Scuba Blue Springs Resort
- Drive/putt to new lengths at our disc golf courses located at Trail or Tears Park and Thomas Street Recreation Center
- Travel all across Christian County and take part in a multitude of self-guided and tour-guided arts and history experiences
- Take in the beauty of nature on some of our parks and trails — Hopkinsville Greenway Rail Trail, Jeffers Bend Environmental Center and Pennyrile Forest State Resort Park
- Fill your soul with rhythms of live music at some great event venues — Main Street Tavern, Hopkinsville Brewing Company and Taco Express Restaurante
- Download the Visit Hopkinsville app to stay up to date on all the latest events going on here in town!
Are you looking for a fun way to ring in the New Year? Here are some great events happening right here in Hoptown!
more: Starting Off A New Decade In Hoptown!
A Celebration of Family, Community & Culture — Seven Days of “A Kwanzaa Experience”
more: Celebrate Kwanzaa!
Are you looking for the best way to fulfill all of your Christmas wishes? Check out our guide to must-do activities for the rest of December!
more: Very Merry Hopkinsville!
Start your Thanksgiving morning with friends and neighbors at the 18th Annual Hopkinsville Turkey Trot in downtown Hopkinsville at 8:00 am. We will be there serving yummy hot chocolate, compliments of The Corner Coffeehouse!
more: It’s Turkey Time in Hopkinsville!
Pick a Pumpkin
• Christian Way Farm & Mini Golf – Monday- Saturday in October – 10:00 am-DARK
• Giles Farm – Saturdays in October from 10:00 am-5:00 pm and Sundays in October from 1:00 pm-5:00 pm
• Supper in the Cemetery @ Riverside Cemetery – October 11th – 5:00 pm-7:30 pm
• Nightmares End Haunted House – Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights throughout October
• Copper Canyon Ghost Town Haunted Hayride – Friday and Saturday nights throughout October – 7:00 pm-11:30 pm
• Haunted Hoptown Walking Tour @ Woody Winfree Fire Transportation Museum – October 31st – 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
more: Fall in Love with Hopkinsville
The Big Read is a program of the National Endowment for the Arts in partnership with Arts Midwest. Hopkinsville has once again received this grant and has selected the book “Our Town” by Thornton Wilder. Be sure to check out these great literary events and pick up a copy of the book at one of the partner organizations.
more: Big Read shines spotlight on Our Town
Each year, the weekend after Labor Day, come enjoy the Native American Dance Competitions, singing, storytelling, Indian flute demonstrations, Native American jewelry, clothing, books, arts, and more! A drum competition will be held, with 1st place winning $2,000, 2nd place winning $1,000, and 3rd place winning $500.
more: 2019 Trail of Tears Pow Wow
Following Eclipse windfall in 2017, numbers continue to increase across the board
August 15, 2019
Christian County, KY – Visitor spending and visitation growth are on the rise throughout Christian County, according to a report released Wednesday by the Kentucky Department of Tourism.
Economic impact figures show that visitors to the area spent $192.89 million in 2018, which is just over $10 million more than the $182.71 million total in 2017.
more: Tourism Spending Up $10 Million in Christian County for 2018